Office of Information Technology
Information for Campus IT Professionals
IT Professional Groups
- SysAdmins are welcome at DCC meetings.
- Join the SysAdmin ListServ
- Code for America RI
- League of Professional System Administrators
- NorthEast Regional Computing Program (NERCOMP)
- Providence Drupal Meetup
- Providence Geek Dinner
- Providence PHP Meetup
- Providence UX Meetup
- Providence Wordpress Meetup
- Additional Group Listings from PVD Tech Events
Assistance and Outages
- If you need assistance, call the IT Service Center at 863-4357.
- You can also create a ticket online at ithelp.brown.edu. If you intend to use the ticketing system in more depth, you can request a DeskPro Account online - note that the Protecting Brown's Information course is required before receiving access.
- If you think there is an outage of a campus IT service, check the IT at Brown homepage to see if it is already listed. If not, report it to the IT Service Center by calling 863-4357. Outside of business hours? Press 0.
- Supported Operating Systems - Windows, Macintosh
- The Service Catalog is a comprehensive list of IT services provided by OIT and other groups on campus. The Technical Systems category may especially be of interest.
- Each service listing links to documentation, support, and the request mechanism for the service.
- Services include everything from password resets to web development to academic technology consultations - even if you think you know all the services available on campus, we suggest taking a look now and then to see what's new.
- Buying a Computer - includes recommended configurations
- Dell Premier Store - IT professionals can request an account in order to submit e-quotes on equipment their department would like to purchase. The financial coordinator of the department can then approve the purchase in Workday.
- Buying a Cellular Phone / Tablet
Repair / Part Ordering
- Repair information and rates are available on the repairs page.
- Select parts are available for those who wish to perform their own service and maintenance on their departmental equipment, including printer maintenance kits, memory chips, and other user installable parts. No warranty parts are available, and training is not provided for installation of purchased parts. (at 115 Waterman St., Room 101)