Office of Information Technology
Information for Faculty and Researchers
Course Setup Checklist
Course Setup Checklist
- Upload your syllabus to CourseTools
- Prepare your Canvas site with resources from Digital Learning & Design
- Request or reactivate library e-reserves
- Thinking of adding a new technology tool to your teaching? Request a consultation with a Digital Learning & Design staff member.
- Learn more about technology installed in your classroom. Email email@example.com to set up a consultation.
Academic / Teaching Resources
The Digital Learning & Design Team provides individualized guidance on the use of instructional technologies in support of faculty goals. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a consultation.
Request access to course tools for online course management, communications, active learning, and student class engagement (i.e. Canvas, blogs, Google Apps for Education, etc.) via coursetools.brown.edu.
- Canvas training: Contact email@example.com or check out our articles available in the knowledgebase.
- Workshops and Events: learn about DLD's upcoming events.
- Video Production and Delivery
- Video Conferencing at Brown - Web and video conferencing solutions.
- Digitization of Course Materials - Convert personal slide collections, photos, videos, audio cassettes, and more.
- Multimedia Labs - Students and faculty produce graphics, hypertext, video, animation, sound and more.
- Teaching Lab - Innovative spaces for instructional practice and learning opportunities in a supportive environment.
- Classroom Media Technology Support - Support for the use of installed A/V media technology in the classroom.
- A working group, with members from across campus, has created Accessible Technology guidelines for making your teaching accessible.
- Wireless: Use Brown's secure "Brown" network for your privacy and safety! It requires a quick one-time setup process - visit http://wifi.brown.edu to connect for the first time.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): Connecting from off-campus? VPN lets you connect securely and access Brown resources. For instructions, see http://brown.edu/go/vpn. We also have a guide to working remotely.
Email and More
- Google's Apps for Education service offers Email, Calendar, Documents, Groups, Sites, and more
- Access email at http://gmail.brown.edu
- Set up mobile devices for email