Student access to Banner for course registration, financial aid, and more
New to Brown?
- Remember to bring installation disks, receipts, and manuals for your electronics in case you need a repair or reinstallation.
- Buying a computer? Dell and Apple are Brown's preferred vendors for personal computers; Dell and Apple computers under warrantee can be repaired at the Brown Bookstore. Guide: Buying a Computer
- You may not find that you need your own printer; printers are available in the computing labs and you are provided with a printing credit at the beginning of the year.
- You can watch TV on your laptop, smartphone, or tablet. You don't need a TV set. Learn about IPTV
- Want to exercise your brain? Practice one of 30 languages on Rosetta Stone or learn a new skill with Lynda.
- Need software? We have your back! Download Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, and more.
- Wifi: Maybe the most important service! Connect your devices by visiting wifi.brown.edu. If you have a browserless device like a gaming system or Roku, see brown.edu/go/browserless.
- Accounts: Your Brown username (what you use to log into Canvas and Banner) and your Google login information are separate. For more, see Understanding Your Brown Usernames.
- Getting help: Our IT Service Center is happy to help with questions, troubleshooting, loaner equipment, and more! For computer repairs, see the Bookstore Techology Center.
Brown's learning management system
Browse, shop, and register for courses
File storage and sharing; works on mobile devices
Track help tickets for technology issues
Need to borrow equipment? We have you covered!
Online training on technical and business topics
Television channels viewable on campus
Study up to 31 languages online
Assistance with the removal and clean up of infected computers.
Host a video, audio, or chat session in your WebEx personal room
Brown's recommended secure wireless network