Brown's learning management system
Academic / Teaching Resources
- Have you reviewed our Course Setup Checklist?
- Looking for ideas on how technology might enhance your teaching? Visit Brown's Digital Teaching and Learning site for inspiration!
- The CIS Instructional Technology Group provides individualized guidance on the use of instructional technologies in support of faculty goals. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a consultation.
Request access to course tools for online course management, communications, active learning, and student class engagement (i.e. Canvas, blogs, Google Apps for Education, etc.) via coursetools.brown.edu.
- Canvas training: Contact email@example.com or check out our articles available in the knowlegebase.
- Workshops and Events: View our calendar to learn more.
- Newsletter: View our Archives or sign-up to hear from us in the future.
Programs and Project Support
- Academic Technology UTRA - Grant for undergraduate students to help faculty integrate instructional technology into their courses.
- Instructional Project Development- Support for innovative teaching and innovative learning, including development of materials such as animations and videos in courses.
- Multimedia Assignment Support - Equipment and support for instructors who want to integrate multimedia assignments into courses.
- Video Production and Delivery
- Video Conferencing at Brown - Web and video conferencing solutions.
- Digitization of Course Materials - Convert personal slide collections, photos, videos, audio cassettes, and more.
- Multimedia Labs - Students and faculty produce graphics, hypertext, video, animation, sound and more.
- Teaching Lab - Innovative spaces for instructional practice and learning opportunities in a supportive environment.
- Classroom Media Technology Support - Support for the use of installed A/V media technology in the classroom.
- A working group, with members from across campus, has created Accessible Technology guidelines for making your teaching accessible.
- Wireless: Use Brown's secure "Brown" network for your privacy and safety! It requires a quick one-time setup process - visit http://wifi.brown.edu to connect for the first time.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): Connecting from off-campus? VPN lets you connect securely and access Brown resources. For instructions, see http://brown.edu/go/vpn. We also have a guide to Working from Off-Campus.
Email and More
Course tool request system for Faculty
File storage and sharing; works on mobile devices
Track help tickets for technology issues
Automatic recording in equipped rooms
Online training on technical and business topics
Make books and media available on electronic reserves
High-speed network for researchers at Brown
Study up to 31 languages online
Let us help you use technology in your instruction
Off-campus access to the Brown network
Brown's recommended secure wireless network
Brown's system for human resource, payroll, and financial management
Zoom offers video and audio conferencing, with meeting recording, screen sharing by multiple participants, and collaborative whiteboarding.