IT at Brown consists of:
- a centralized IT department, Computing & Information Services (CIS)
- several larger departments with their own IT groups
- distributed IT professionals in academic and administrative departments
Computing & Information Services (CIS)
CIS is the centralized computing department at Brown, with over 180 staff and over 120 services.
DCCs and SysAdmins
Some departments have departmental computing staff such as Departmental Computing Coordinators (DCCs) or SysAdmins.
Departmental IT Groups
Several larger departments have internal IT groups, including:
- Center for Computation and Visualization
- Division of Campus Life and Student Services
- University Library
- IT Advisory Board (ITAB)
- Community Technology Consortium (CTC)
- Council on Computing and Information Technology (ACCIT)
For more information about these groups, see our Advisory Groups page.
Careers in IT at Brown
Brown job opportunities are listed at careers.brown.edu. For IT-related jobs, choose the "Technical" job group.