LastPast Premium is a password manager for storing, retrieving, and managing complex passwords for use with your personal (non-Brown) accounts. Like LastPass Enterprise it stores passwords and other login information and automatically enters them to log you into your personal online accounts.
It also helps prevent:
- The need to remember multiple passwords.
- Poor password behavior such as low complexity or using one password for multiple sites.
- Attacks like keystroke logging.
LastPass Premium is a renewable subscription plan offered at no cost to Brown faculty, staff and students while at Brown, with the option to continue using it as a premium subscription for $40 per year after leaving the University.
Unlike LastPass Free, it not only provides access to all the free features of LastPass – like a secure Vault, autofill on sites and in apps, password sharing, and free syncing across devices – but also Premium features including:
- Security Dashboard & Security Score
- Dark Web Monitoring
- Emergency Access
- One-to-Many Sharing
- 1 GB File Storage Using Secure Notes
- Advanced Multi-factor Authentication Options
Please Note: Existing LastPass Premium accounts set up as a Family Plan are not covered by Brown's Premium service. A Family Plan would need to be canceled to obtain Brown's free Premium account.
Must be a member of the Brown community with an active @brown.edu or @alumni.brown.edu account.