Campus File Storage provides university departments, researchers, and individuals with a location on files.brown.edu in which files can be stored. For departments and researchers, these files can be shared with collaborators who have a Brown account.
- Individual Use - a 100 GB "Home Folder" is created for every faculty, staff, and student at Brown. If you log into a computing lab, the Documents folder is automatically connected to your Home Folder. The storage also integrates with our pilot RemoteApps service, used by Engineering courses and beyond.
- Departmental Use - Most departments have a shared drive (also known as "Departmental File Services"). Files can be shared with other members of your department. The quota is based on departmental needs.
- Research Use - For research use, our file storage option can accommodate larger allocation for research data that are not primarily used with high performance compute resources.
- Multimedia Use - This area is dedicated to storing multimedia assets for the University.
For an overview of all file storage and sharing services, see the article Decide How to Store and Share Files.
Request this Service
To request a new research or departmental share, contact Linnea_Wolfe@brown.edu.
To request a multimedia file share, contact Catherine_Zabriskie@brown.edu.
To add someone to an existing departmental share, contact your departmental computing representative, who can either make the change or create a ticket for the IT Service Center.
- Recommended Browsers: Firefox (latest version)
- Minimum Required Browsers: Firefox 1.5, Internet Explorer 6.0, Safari 3.0