BrownSites is the easy-to-use content management system for Brown University websites that takes advantage of best practices in web design. BrownSites:
- is Web-based. You don't need special software, it works with any web browser.
- Looks and Feels like the new Brown University website.
- allows for use of Multimedia. Just drop the URL of your video/slideshow anywhere into the body of your page.
- pulls in Calendar Events from events.brown.edu.
- shares News with an optional news feed: let users subscribe to your news.
- has Public & Draft modes: preview changes instantly, publish when ready.
- tracks Page Revisions. Revert back to a previous page versions easily.
- has Roles for Reviewers, Contributors, and Editors. Make colleagues "Contributors" to draft content, "Reviewers" to see drafted content, or "Editors" to publish updates.
- core files are Upgraded and Maintained regularly by the WebServices team. No need to upgrade software, WebServices does it!
- gains New Features regularly. As WebServices rolls out new widgets, modules, and features, they'll be available to sites.
- has Flexibility and Robustness to Customize. You can contract WebServices to add online directories, resources, applications, slideshows, and almost anything you can dream up to your site.
Request this Service
- Staff / Departments / Medical School Student Groups: The person who will manage the site should complete the request form. The form has options to tell WebServices if you think your BrownSite will require custom work.