Guest wireless access
- You're welcome to use our Guest Wifi while you're on campus. If you're affiliated with a University using Eduroam, that's available too.
- Need to get your bearings on campus? Install the app called "Brown University" for iOS or Android, or visit the Brown mobile website at m.brown.edu.
What Should Students Bring?
- Remember to bring installation disks, receipts, and manuals for your electronics in case you need a repair or reinstallation.
- Buying a computer? Dell and Apple are Brown's preferred vendors for personal computers; Dell and Apple computers under warrantee can be repaired at the Brown Bookstore. Guide: Buying a Computer
- Students may not need a printer; printers are available in the computing labs and students are provided with a printing credit at the beginning of the year.
- Students can watch TV on a laptop, smartphone, or tablet. Hooking up a TV is less convenient. Learn about IPTV
- Some software is available, including Microsoft Office and more.