Brown's wiki services support the educational and administrative activities of the University and serve as one means of communication by and among users. The purpose of this policy is to ensure that this service remains available and reliable, and is used for purposes appropriate to the University's mission.
This policy applies to all members of the Brown community who are entitled to use of its wiki services: faculty, staff and students, and other affiliated classes of individuals.
Wiki services are provided as an online tool in support of a collaborative work effort at Brown. Its use is therefore restricted to Brown-affiliated groups, departments and organizations only. Wiki spaces will not be created for individual use.
3.1 Service Provided
Current procedures for the support and management of the wiki service can be found in the document Wiki Service Definition.
3.2 User Responsibilities
- Use of wiki space must be consistent with Brown’s educational goals, as well as comply with local, state and federal laws and university policies.
- Wiki space users are accountable to Brown and fellow wiki collaborators. A login is therefore required to add or change content. Configuring a wiki with anonymous writing permissions is not allowed.
- Content of a wiki space must adhere to Brown’s Acceptable Use Policy.
- No confidential information may be contained in a wiki space as per the document Information to Comply with the Policy on the Handling of Brown Restricted Information.
- Wiki space owners must keep data space usage to a reasonable level for the purpose of their wiki.
4.0 Related Policies and Procedures
Questions or comments to: ITPolicy@brown.edu
Interim Policy Effective Date: June 28, 2007
Policy Approved: TBD