In this tip, we use Pivot Tables in Google Sheets to create a Thanksgiving shopping list.
Here's a summary of the steps in the video:
- Create columns for Amounts, Ingredients, and Recipe Name.
- Fill in the ingredients for all of your recipes, making sure that whatever is in the Ingredients column is standardized (for example, don't put tbsp butter in one row and sticks of butter in another).
- Go to Data > Pivot Table.
- For the Rows, add your Ingredient.
- For the Values, add your Amount.
- If you'd like to remove one or more recipes, you can do so with the Filter feature.
Have a great break, and have fun in the kitchen!