Are you graduating this month? If so, congratulations!
Here’s information about how your Brown accounts and access will change during this transition. (If you’re continuing on at Brown in another role, like staff or a graduate program, your experience will vary - please refer to the link at the bottom of this email for details.)
Please be cautious about other emails you may receive related to accounts and graduation. In past years, we’ve seen scam messages targeted at graduating students saying that an account will be closed unless action is taken.
You’re part of the Brown community forever! Your Brown username and password are still your key to online tools and services. The services will change, but you will access them the same way.
THESE THINGS WILL STAY THE SAME:
- Use your current Brown username and password to access all the resources you are authorized to use.
- Your Brown Google content will stay with you—your password, your Google Drive, and all your Google email content—even after “alumni” is added to your email address.
- You’ll continue using BrownConnect, Handshake, and Rosetta Stone, with minor differences.
HERE’S WHAT’S CHANGING:
- Student services such as software (ex: Adobe Creative Cloud, Zoom), VPN, card access, wifi, and your current library access will stop working on June 1 (once your requirements are marked as complete by the Registrar’s office). For a more comprehensive list, click the “Learn more” button below.
- Your @brown.edu email account will be renamed to
@alumni.brown.edu on July 10. After this happens, just make sure you log in as email@example.com. Your Google password stays the same.
- Email going to your @brown.edu account will go to your @alumni.brown.edu account for six months after your email address changes. After that, messages will bounce back to the sender.
KEY ACTION ITEMS:
- Did you use Adobe Creative Cloud storage, your network home folder, or a Brown Dropbox account? If so, move your files to your Brown Google Drive before June 1 (it has unlimited storage and will follow you after degree completion) or a personal account. Note: Creative Cloud users who expect to continue using Adobe services after leaving Brown should visit the Adobe website for details on migrating cloud assets directly to a new account. Adobe will offer a discount on the first year of their paid service.
- Did you set up any online accounts (think Uber, Netflix, job applications, etc.) with your @brown.edu address? If so, as soon as your @alumni.brown.edu address is live: replace your @brown.edu address with either your @alumni.brown.edu address or a personal address of your choice.
- Add your post-Brown contact info to your profile to hear about alumni events near you, plus Brown news!
For details, please see brown.edu/go/graduatingservices.