Google Calendar is getting a new look - here's what you need to know.
You might have noticed prompts in Google Calendar to "try the new calendar." Over the next few weeks, the look of your calendar will change.
Besides a sleeker look, here are some of the new features you'll enjoy:
Formatting in Event Descriptions
A simple rich text editor above the event description lets you add formatting and links.
Side by Side Calendar View
If you switch into Day view and display more than one calendar, they will appear side by side instead of overlapped. This is useful if you're managing schedules for multiple people or rooms.
See More Meeting Info at a Click
Clicking on a meeting will show you more useful information, including:
- The entire guest list with RSVP responses (hover over a name for contact details)
- Rooms and locations
- Any video call links
RSVP-Dependent Event Appearance
Events on your calendar look different depending on how you’ve responded, allowing you to more easily assess your day at a glance:
- If you’re attending an event, the event will be a solid color.
- If you’ve answered maybe to an event, you’ll see diagonal lines across it.
- If you haven’t replied yet, you’ll just see the event’s outline.
- If you said no, you’ll only see the outline and the event will be crossed out.
About this Change
Until February 2018, you will be able to switch back to the classic calendar look. If there are features you'd like to see in this new version, you can send feedback directly to Google by clicking the gear on the top right of your calendar page and selecting "Send Feedback."