The following list includes technology-related trainings offered by various campus groups.
As always, we recommend following the links to confirm the time and date in case anything changes. If we missed something, tweet us @ITatBrown or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to update this list as new events are scheduled.
- 12/1, 6pm: IPP: Orchard Tech Talk (CS)
- 12/2, 9am: CS Thesis Proposal: Connecting Models of Language to Models of the World (Roma Patel) (CS)
- 12/3, 12pm: CS Sysread Seminar: Cryptographic Enforcement of End-to-End Data Privacy (Anwar Hithnawi, ETH Zurich) (CS)
- 12/3, 12pm: DH Salon: Dealing with ‘Big Data’ in Ancient Studies (Library)
- 12/7, 1pm: CS Thesis Proposal: Engineering a high-performing, learning-enhanced sorting algorithm (Ani Kristo) (CS)
- 12/8, 5pm: Computer Science Department Diversity and Inclusion Town Hall (CS)
- 12/9, 9am: CS Thesis Defense: Finding Sparse Constraints for Occlusion-Handling and View-Consistency in Depth Reconstruction for Computational Photography (Numair Khan) (CS)
- 12/9, 9:30am: Introduction to Cognos Analytics for New Users (OIT)
- 12/10, 9am: Introduction to GIS with QGIS (Library)
- 12/10, 1pm: BigAI Talk: Michael Everett, MIT “Deployable Learning Machines: From cost-to-go estimation to certification” (CS)
- 12/15, 4pm: CS Thesis Proposal: Learning Task-Specific Grasps (Matt Corsaro) (CS)
- 12/21, 10am: CS Thesis Proposal: Discovering and Exploiting Problem Structure for Autonomous Abstract Decision Making (Cameron Allen) (CS)
- 12/21, 1pm: CS Thesis Proposal: Robot Acting and Interacting Under Partial Observability and Perceptual Uncertainty (Kaiyu Zheng) (CS)