The following list includes technology-related trainings offered by various campus groups.
Workday Learning is now live and has replaced Brown's prior professional development and learning management system, LearningPoint. After you log in to Workday, click the Learning Worklet on Your Home Landing Page to register.
As always, we recommend following the links to confirm the time and date in case anything changes. If we missed something, tweet us @ITatBrown or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to update this list as new events are scheduled.
- 12/3, 2pm: EndNote Tips and Tricks (Library)
- 12/4, 5:30pm: Teck Talk: Google UX (CS)
- 12/5, 12pm: Functional Simplicity: An Introduction to the Lambda Calculus (CS)
- 12/5, 2pm: Intro to Open Access and Avoiding “Predatory” Journals and Publishers (Library)
- 12/6, 10am: Compiling Irregular Software to Specialized Hardware (CS)
- 12/6, 11am: Distributed Transaction Processing on Modern RDMA-enabled Networks (CS)
- 12/6, 4pm: Algorithms: Theory meets Practice (CS)
- 12/7, 12pm: Software Engineers are People Too: Applying Human Centered Approaches to Improve Software Development (CS)
- 12/7, 2pm: Code Generation for In-Memory Data Analytics (CS)
- 12/10, 10am: Citations Management with Zotero (Library)
- 12/11, 10am:DeskPro Agent Overview (CIS)
- 12/11, 2pm: Transactional Streaming: Managing Push-Based Workloads with Shared Mutable State in a Distributed Setting (CS)
- 12/12, 9:30am: Introduction to Cognos Analytics for Report Viewers (CIS)
- 12/13, 4pm: Cybersecurity: A Grand Challenge for the Society (CS)
- 12/14, 1:30pm: Application-Aware Cluster Resource Management (CS)