BWell Health Promotion released the following notification today of an online health promotion course for all incoming undergraduate students, provided through a partnership with EverFi. If you received a copy of this email, please be assured that it is an official notification from BWell Health Promotion's partner EverFi, and the required course be completed as indicated in the email.
In an effort to further advance our students beyond the classroom, Brown University has partnered with EverFi to help students address critical life skills such as prevention of alcohol misuse and abuse and sexual assault. Brown works to provide you diverse and comprehensive opportunities for health and wellness educational empowerment. We require you to complete AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates courses as a beginning to this journey. We want you to engage with this programming before arriving at Brown so that you are prepared to make well-informed decisions about issues that affect your college years and beyond. As a newly admitted Brown University student,"it is expected that an individual’s personal integrity will be reflected not only in honest and responsible actions but also in a willingness to offer direction to others whose actions may be harmful to themselves or the community." If you fail to comply with the requirement to complete these courses you will be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY:
- You are required to complete AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention courses.
- Always sign in through the log in button on this email invitation or at: https://admin.fifoundry.net/brownuniversity/sign_in
- Complete Part 1 of AlcoholEDU and Sexual Assault Prevention courses by Liquid error: wrong number of arguments (given 3, expected 2)
- Approximately 30 days after arriving on campus you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEDU and Sexual Assault
- Prevention courses, which must be completed by 1/12/20.
- Login problems? Visit the Computing and Information Services help desk at https://it.brown.edu/get-help to submit a ticket or call 401-863-4357.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities. If you do not have internet, please check out available sites in your local community (I.E. Town library).
- Courses are best supported by the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (preferred), or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11+You may take the courses in multiple sittings.
- The courses may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual students’ answers.
- If you have any accessibility issues, please select "accessibility mode" once you are in the course.
- Need more help? Contact EVERFI’s 24/7 tech support using "Help" within the course or by visiting support.everfi.com or call 1-866-384-9062.
- We recognize the prevalence of interpersonal violence and substance abuse and the difficulty that could impose on completing these courses. As such the content in these online courses includes a safety exit and links to resources for anyone in need of emotional support. If it would be difficult for you to complete either course, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Thank you for being an important part of keeping Brown's campus safe and supportive for everyone. Enjoy the courses!
Sincerely, Brown Orientation Team
AlcoholEdu for College
Due Monday, January 20, 2020
Sexual Assault Prevention: Undergraduate
Due Monday, January 20, 2020